How an Orlando Car Crash Lawyer Can Help After an Accident
The Orlando metropolitan area has a population of around one million residents. Add to that over 70 million visitors each year, and it makes for some very congested roadways. Not surprisingly, collisions are a common occurrence in Orlando. If you or a family member were involved in a car accident, you need to know how an Orlando car crash lawyer can help you.
The Orlando car crash attorneys at Warner & Warner represent car crash victims and family members of victims who were fatally injured in a car accident. We have the experience, resources, and commitment required to aggressively advocate on behalf of victims and their families to ensure that they receive the compensation to which they are entitled from the party (or parties) responsible for their injuries or loss.
Orange County Car Crash Facts and Figures
In Orange County, there were 31,595 car crashes in 2019, according to figures published by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV). Those motor vehicle accidents caused 24,013 injuries, 173 of which resulted in fatal injuries. Those figures reflect very little change from the previous year. While the number of crashes did increase noticeably for 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic also dramatically decreased the number of visitors to Orlando, and therefore vehicles on the roadways, that year.
Ways an Orlando Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The aftermath of a car accident can be a physically and emotionally trying time. Victims also typically face practical challenges when seeking medical care for their injuries as well as legal hurdles navigating a judicial system with which they are unfamiliar. Having a car accident lawyer on your side can go a long way toward eliminating those hurdles and challenges and allowing you to focus on healing. Among the ways in which an Orlando car accident lawyer can help you are:
- Documenting your injuries and losses. No one plans on being injured in a car accident or losing a loved one in a collision. If you are injured in a collision or are the surviving family member of someone fatally injured in a crash, you likely have no idea how to properly document your injuries and/or loss; however, doing so can be the key to ensuring that you are fully and fairly compensated by the responsible party (or parties). A car accident attorney can explain what evidence is needed and help you gather and secure that documentation.
- Coordinating treatment. The last thing an injured victim needs is to have to fight with, physicians, therapists, and insurance companies to arrange treatment for physical and/or psychological injuries sustained in a car accident. Unfortunately, however, that is often what happens. A car accident attorney can help by coordinating treatment and payment with providers so that you can focus on healing.
- Contacting insurance companies. What you say to an insurance company from the moment you report an accident is important. Insurance companies are for-profit entities, meaning they need to show a profit each year. As such, they often avoid paying claims whenever possible. Having an experienced car accident attorney on board before you provide a statement to any insurance company (even your own) prevents you from inadvertently saying something that might be misconstrued and hurt your claim.
- Acting as your voice. One of the most important benefits to having an attorney on your side is that your lawyer acts as your voice throughout the claims process as well as in the judicial system if necessary. If you have never been injured in a car accident before, knowing that your lawyer is speaking on your behalf to claims adjusters, healthcare professionals, and other attorneys throughout the experience is a huge comfort.
- Advocating on your behalf. Most car accident claims are settled without the need for litigation. Your lawyer will advocate on your behalf with the insurance company to try and reach an out-of-court settlement that compensates you for all your injuries and/or losses.
- Litigating your claim. If it becomes clear that a full and fair out-of-court settlement cannot be negotiated within the applicable statute of limitations, your car accident lawyer will file a lawsuit and aggressively litigate on your behalf in court and at trial.
When to Contact an Orlando Car Accident Lawyer
If you suffered injuries in a car crash, or you lost a family member who was fatally injured in a car accident, an Orlando car crash lawyer can help.
At Warner & Warner, our Orlando car accident lawyers know how a car accident can impact victims and their families, both immediately after the accident and for years to come, which is why we are committed to holding the responsible parties accountable and zealously pursuing your right to be fully compensated. Contact the Orlando car accident lawyers at Warner & Warner to discuss your legal options. Call us at 321-972-1889 or contact us online to schedule a free case review.