Orlando Car Accident Attorneys
Driving is probably the most dangerous activity many of us do each day. In one instant, a simple mistake or a distracted driver can cause an accident that results in serious permanent injuries or death. Last year in Orange County alone, there were 14,996 injury crashes, up from 14,661 the previous year.
Across Florida, the car crash statistics are alarming. As shown in the following chart, the number of injury crashes has exceeded 150,000 for the past five years for which we have data, and has only dipped below 160,000 one since 2016.
Needless to say, car accident injuries are common, especially in Orlando, and those affected often suffer from serious injuries that require extensive medical treatment and cause pain, suffering and financial hardship. When this happens, accident victims can feel overwhelmed and desperate.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you don’t have to face all of these challenges alone. The accomplished car accident attorneys at Warner & Warner want to help you. We will put our experience and knowledge to work for you, holding those responsible for your injuries accountable for the damages they have caused and getting you the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What Causes Orlando Car Accidents?
Traffic conditions and speeding are primary causes of car accidents in Orlando, but distracted and impaired drivers are also dominant factors. Across the country, five factors are recognized as being the leading causes of car crashes:
- Impaired driving – Despite national and statewide campaigns cautioning drivers to avoid drinking and driving, impairment is still a leading cause of car accidents. Impaired driving includes being under the influence of alcohol or under the influence of illicit, prescription, or over-the-counter medications.
- Distracted driving –People have always found ways to be distracted while driving. However, cell phones and other handheld electronic devices have increased the incidence of distracted driving exponentially.
- Driving while sleepy – Driving while tired can be just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety estimates that one in five fatal crashes involves a drowsy driver.
- Speed – Speeding is a major cause of car accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that speed is a factor in about one- third of all motor vehicle accidents.
- Hazardous road conditions – Conditions such as rain or fog can make the roads very dangerous. When drivers don’t slow down and drive more cautiously when encountering poor road conditions or poor visibility, they can cause serious accidents.
What Kind of Injuries Occur from a Car Accident?
Car accidents can cause numerous injuries to passengers and drivers. In a serious crash, multiple parts of the body, including the head, limbs and internal organs, can be injured.
The most common car crash injuries include:
- Neck and Back injuries– The most common injuries suffered in a car crash are herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. The significant and unusual forces of a crash cause the head and neck to whip back and forth (“whiplash”) and can force the body to move in ways it was not designed to move. Herniated discs are usually permanent injuries that persist over the course of a person’s life and continually degenerate and worsen, often leading to surgery later in life.
- Broken bones – Broken bones throughout an accident victim’s body can cause severe pain and require months of healing. These injuries can also result in loss of function in a limb, chronic pain, and mobility issues.
- Brain injuries – Car accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries can result in permanent, life-changing problems or death.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can occur in serious car crashes. These injuries can leave victims paralyzed or with no sensation or function in all of their limbs.
- Loss of limbs: When an accident victim’s arms or legs get crushed or torn, the damage may be so severe that amputation is necessary.
- Burns: If a vehicle catches on fire following an accident, serious burn injuries can occur. These injuries are very painful and can produce scarring and other physical problems.
What Compensation Is Available for an Orlando Car Accident Victim?
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your accident-related damages. With a car accident lawsuit, you may be able to obtain compensation for:
- Your medical expenses – The expenses you have already incurred as well as any future medical expenses, including medications, transportation to medical facilities, diagnostic testing, and doctor visits.
- Rehabilitation and other care costs – Rehabilitation, therapy and home care expenses.
- Lost income – Salary and other income lost because of time off work due to the accident injury.
- Loss of earning capacity – Diminished ability to earn money because of the accident injury
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering – Acute and chronic pain, stress and trauma related to the accident
- Diminished qualify of life – Decreased ability to enjoy life, socializing, spending time with family
In some cases, the accident victim’s family can also pursue compensation for loss of consortium if their loved one can no longer provide the companionship and support they used to before the accident. If a family member is fatally injured, you may also be able to get compensated with a wrongful death lawsuit.
How an Experienced Orlando Car Accident Attorney Can Help Accident Victims
Car accident injury cases can involve complex issues, such as determining fault, insurance coverage, and medical damages. To make sure your rights are protected and your damages are fully assessed and compensated, it’s important to get help from an experienced accident attorney with a track record of success.
The car accident attorneys at Warner & Warner have the experience, knowledge and skill you need to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. We have reviewed thousands of car insurance policies and litigated many issues related to those policies, so we know all the tricks insurance companies use to deny coverage and limit payments.
We’ll negotiate aggressively for the settlement you deserve and won’t be talked into settling for less. If negotiations do not produce a satisfactory settlement, we will go to court to fight for your rights. Insurance companies know we will not back down in our fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Contact Savvy Orlando Car Accident Attorneys for Expert Help with Your Car Accident Injury Claim
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, please don’t hesitate to call the savvy attorneys at Warner & Warner. We have helped hundreds of Florida accident victims get the compensation they deserve and will work diligently to make sure you are compensated fully and fairly for your injuries.
We will collect the evidence necessary to build a strong case, negotiate vigorously on your behalf, and, if necessary, fight in court for fair compensation for your injuries, suffering and losses. We are committed to achieving justice and full compensation for our clients.
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2019 traffic safety culture index.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015). Traffic crash facts. Annual report.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportaiton. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. (2020, April). Traffic safety facts: Speeding. https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812932