Casselberry Car Accident Attorneys
Driving a car is probably the most dangerous activity we do each day. In a single instant, a glance away from the road or a speeding driver seemingly coming out of nowhere can cause a crash that results in serious injuries or death.
Unfortunately, although the total number of car crashes in Seminole County decreased last year compared to the previous year, the number of injury crashes and fatalities increased. The following charts show there were close to 200 more injury crashes and 10 more fatalities in 2019 than in 2018.
Source: Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard. https://www.flhsmv.gov/traffic-crash-reports/crash-dashboard/
Car accident injuries are all too common in Casselberry and throughout Florida. Those individuals who are affected often suffer from serious injuries that require extensive medical treatment and cause pain, suffering and financial hardship. When this happens, accident victims can feel traumatized and disheartened.
If you’ve recently been hurt in a car accident, you don’t have to handle the difficulties by yourself. The experienced car accident attorneys of Warner & Warner want to help. We will put our knowledge, skill and resources to work for you to hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for the damages they have caused and to obtain the full compensation you deserve.
What Causes Casselberry Car Accidents?
Distracted and impaired drivers cause many car accidents in Casselberry, but hazardous road conditions and speeding are also major factors. Across the country, five factors are recognized as being the leading causes of car crashes:
- Distracted driving – Cell phones and other handheld electronic devices have significantly increased distracted driving. A quick glance at a text message, for example, can easily result in a serious crash.
- Impaired driving – Although national and statewide campaigns against drinking and driving have cut down on the number of drunk drivers, impairment is still a leading cause of car accidents. Impaired driving includes being under the influence of alcohol or under the influence of illicit, prescription, or over-the-counter medications.
- Driving while sleepy – Although there are no national campaigns cautioning us about the dangers of driving while sleepy, it can be just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. In fact, according to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, one in five fatal crashes involves a sleepy driver.
- Speed – Speeding drivers are also a major cause of car accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speed is a factor in about one-third of all car accidents.
- Hazardous road conditions – Conditions such as rain, fog or construction can also be a factor in car accidents. When drivers aren’t cautious when driving in poor conditions, they can cause serious accidents.
Injuries Associated with Car Accidents
Car accidents are a leading cause of serious injuries in the U.S. In a serious accident, multiple injuries, including to the head, limbs and internal organs, can occur.
The most common car accident injuries are:
- Neck and Back injuries– The most common injuries suffered in a car crash are herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. The significant and unusual forces of a crash cause the head and neck to whip back and forth (“whiplash”) and can force the body to move in ways it was not designed to move. Herniated discs are usually permanent injuries that persist over the course of a person’s life and continually degenerate and worsen, often leading to surgery later in life.
- Broken bones – Broken bones throughout an accident victim’s body can cause severe pain and require months of healing. These injuries can also result in loss of function in a limb, chronic pain, and mobility issues.
- Brain injuries – Car accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can result in permanent, life-changing problems or death.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can leave victims partially paralyzed or with no sensation or function in all of their limbs.
- Loss of limbs: In a serious accident, a victim’s arms or legs can get crushed or torn and require amputation.
- Burns: Serious burn injuries can occur if a vehicle catches on fire following a crash. These burn injuries are very painful and can produce scarring and other physical problems.
Compensation for a Casselberry Car Accident Victim
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence or harmful conduct, you could be entitled to compensation for your accident-related damages, including:
- Your medical expenses – Existing expenses as well as future medical expenses, including medications, transportation to medical facilities, diagnostic testing, and doctor visits.
- Rehabilitation and other care costs – Rehabilitative care, therapy and home care expenses.
- Lost income – Salary and other income lost because of time off work due to the accident injury.
- Loss of earning capacity – Diminished capacity to earn money because of the accident injury.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering – Acute and chronic pain, stress and trauma related to the accident.
- Diminished qualify of life – Decreased ability to enjoy life, socializing, spending time with family.
In some cases, the accident victim’s family can also pursue compensation for loss of consortium if their loved one can no longer provide the companionship and support they used to provide before the accident. If a family member is fatally injured, you may also be able to get compensated for your loss with a wrongful death lawsuit.
How an Experienced Casselberry Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Car accident injury cases can be complicated, since you must prove that another party (or parties) was at fault, determine insurance coverage and consider all medical and other damages. That’s why it’s important to get help from an experienced car accident attorney who will make sure your rights are protected and your damages are fully assessed and compensated.
The Casselberry car accident attorneys at Warner & Warner have the experience and skill you need to ensure you achieve justice and the compensation you deserve. We have examined thousands of car insurance policies and litigated many issues related to those policies, so we know all the tactics insurance companies use to deny coverage and limit payments and how to fight aggressively for our clients’ rights.
We will negotiate vigorously for the settlement you deserve and will not be talked into settling for less. If negotiations do not bring a satisfactory settlement, we will not back down but will go to court to fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Contact Experienced Casselberry Car Accident Attorneys for the Expert Help You Need with Your Car Accident Injury Claim
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, please don’t hesitate to call the experienced attorneys at Warner & Warner. We have helped hundreds of Florida accident victims get the compensation they deserve and will put our experience and skill to work to make sure you are compensated fully and fairly for your injuries.
We will gather the evidence needed to build a strong case, negotiate aggressively on your behalf, and, if necessary, fight in court for fair compensation for your injuries, suffering and losses. We are deeply committed to achieving justice and full compensation for our clients.
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2019 traffic safety culture index.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportaiton. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. (2020, April). Traffic safety facts: Speeding. https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812932