Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles provide a level of freedom no other motor vehicle can provide, but that freedom can come at a price. Often, the most serious and life-threatening injuries Orlando accident attorneys see occur in motorcycle crashes. Tragically, Florida leads the nation in motorcycle accidents, with close to 8,900 crashes and 550 crash-related fatalities per year.
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to collect compensation for your medical bills, injuries, and pain and suffering. The Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys at Warner & Warner have handled many accident cases and have been able to obtain fair compensation for injured victims. We want to know what happened to you and help you get compensated fairly for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Orlando?
Although inexperienced and impaired motorcyclists cause some accidents, negligent motor vehicle drivers account for far too many crashes involving motorcycles. Despite national efforts to increase safety on our nation’s roadways, people driving cars and trucks still fail to watch out for motorcycles and take precautions to avoid hitting them. These failures contribute to a significant number of accidents.
Among the leading causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Motorists not seeing or not paying attention to motorcycles on the road. Motorcycles are small compared to most passenger or commercial vehicles, so it can be more difficult to spot them on the roadway. If motorists are not cautious and observant, they can easily collide with a motorcycle.
- Dangerous road conditions
- Car doors
- Impaired drivers
- Distracted drivers
Wet roadways, uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles on the road can all lead to a catastrophic motorcycle accident.
People often do not check for oncoming traffic before opening the door of a parked or stopped vehicle. If a motorcycle is approaching the vehicle, the opened door can be the cause of a deadly accident.
Motor vehicle drivers and motorcyclists who are impaired by legal or illegal drugs, alcohol, or another condition that makes driving or operating a motorcycle unsafe are a major cause of all kinds of accidents in Orlando and throughout Florida.
Whether distracted by mobile devices, gadgets in a vehicle or on a motorcycle, other passengers, or things in the external environment, distracted drivers and motorcyclists cause an increasing number of collisions each year.
What Kind of Injuries Occur in a Motorcycle Accident?
More than 80% of all motorcycle accidents involve injuries, many of them very serious. Some of the injuries that occur most often include:
- Broken bones – Motorcyclists and passengers are often thrown from their bikes when they collide with a vehicle or other obstruction. The resulting impact can cause multiple broken or fractured bones.
- Neck and back injuries – Many motorcycle crash victims suffer herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. Herniated discs are usually permanent injuries that persist over the course of a person’s life and continually degenerate and worsen, often leading to surgery later in life.
- Arm and leg injuries – In addition to broken bones, extremities are often injured in other ways. When they are seriously injured, amputation may be necessary.
- Spinal cord injuries – When people are thrown from a motorcycle, devastating spinal cord injuries, leading to partial or total paralysis, can occur.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions and brain damage, can occur during motorcycle accidents when motorcyclists are jolted or thrown from their bikes and hit their heads.
- Death – Unfortunately, many serious motorcycle crashes are fatal.
Physical, Emotional, and Financial Effects of a Motorcycle Accident Injury
Serious motorcycle injuries affect accident victims in many ways. Some require lengthy hospital stays, ongoing treatment, and rehabilitative care. Many victims experience physical pain, depression, and anxiety. In general, motorcycle accident victims face many challenges, including:
- Chronic physical pain
- Diminished qualify of life
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Loss of income
- Diminished capacity to earn a living
- Numerous medical bills
Getting compensated for your injuries may not solve all of your problems, but it can make life manageable by taking away some of your stress and helping you handle the financial burden of medical treatment and expenses. To obtain the full compensation you deserve, it’s important to get help from an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
What Compensation Can Orlando Motorcycle Accident Victims Receive?
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence or harmful action, you could be entitled to receive compensation for the physical and emotional injuries you have experienced because of the accident. With a personal injury motorcycle accident lawsuit, you may be able to hold the negligent party accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve.
The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Warner & Warner can help determine the substantial compensation you could be entitled to for both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include your out-of-pocket expenses, such as medical bills, care expenses, lost wages, and damage to your motorcycle. Non-economic damages are intended to compensate you for the pain, suffering, and inconvenience you have experienced because of the accident.
Get Expert Advice and Help after a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Warner & Warner want to help. We are committed to providing the high- quality personal attention and expert advice you need to obtain justice and get compensated fairly for your injuries.
We will gather the evidence needed to prove your case, negotiate vigorously on your behalf and, if necessary, fight aggressively in court for fair compensation for your injuries, suffering and losses. We have helped hundreds of accident victims get the compensation they deserve and are committed to achieving justice and full compensation for you.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety